Type: Client & Business Development Director
Experience: Minimum 3 years sales experience
Start Date: ASAP
Ensign are a digital innovations business specialising in helping our clients monetise their IT networks through Business Insights, Analytics, AI and Automation powered by Managed Networks.
As one of the UK’s longest established enterprise network specialists our suite of smart solutions and services are designed to transform our clients’ processes by delivering real-time business insight that reduce costs, increase profitability and drive efficiency.
Our people are leaders in their fields, with vast experience in the design, deployment, security, management, and analytics of enterprise grade networks – from the core to the edge. This provides a robust platform for all IOT enabled devices, with security and resiliency at the heart of our solutions.
Ensign operate UK wide with many blue chip clients across both the UK and the EU. Our insight and analytical solutions help our clients to optimise their business environments. With core specialisms in wired and wireless networking, we are passionate about helping our clients to improve business performance through their investment in technology and overcome their business challenges.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, professional individual who wants to develop their own career in a fast moving, growing entrepreneurial organisation.
The purpose of the Client and Business Development Director is to acquire national mid-market sector clients from your allocated target vertical market, and strategically develop opportunities within the allocated client base (should there be one) to achieve your gross profit targets.
This will be achieved through promoting Ensign and focusing on annuity services which include a comprehensive suite of managed and analytical services.
Primary Focus Of The Role
The Client and Business Development Director is required to build relationships with new and existing clients (should you be allocated existing clients) to generate and close high margin annuity business and any large transformational projects to support our ambitious growth plans. The CBDD’s key focus is about understanding and analysing the client’s current situation and business requirements through awareness, empathy and questioning. They will have the ability to influence clients to use the Ensign portfolio of solutions through articulating value add and building key relationships across the client’s organisation.
We will offer all the support needed as part of a brilliant team which will include direct mentorship from the Sales Leader alongside a roadmap to quickly develop your career. We will provide a focused training and development programme with formal certification from our key technology partners.
In conjunction the role will require a great deal of collaboration across the business to help improve the client experience to support the wider sales and marketing function.
- To develop, lead and implement a sales strategy for target market.
- By utilising our account planning tools, develop and maintain detailed account plans to maximise the opportunities within your base.
- Meet and exceed agreed monthly, quarterly and annual targets and margin and order intake targets.
- To generate, manage and close substantial new business wins from within our target market.
- Through a focus on annuity services, promote and justify Ensign market leading proposition and increase awareness of our offering utilising a consultative, business focused approach.
- Proven sales experience of selling complex managed and annuity services within the Communication/IT services sector.
- Proven sales experience of selling against proven business outcomes.
- Professionally trained in a recognised sales and negotiation methodology (SCOTSMAN, Spin Selling, etc).
- Proven, successful track record in business development.
- Experience of working in the networking, cloud computing, SaaS or systems integration sectors.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to continuously meet or exceed against a sales target.
- Proven track record of creating, managing, negotiating and closing substantial IT/Communications service contracts.
- Experience of selling to national mid-market sector clients.
- Strong understanding of the market place and the requirements of a national mid-market sector organisation.
- Degree standard OR demonstration of entrepreneurial qualities.