Demand Generation Specialist
Type: Demand Generation Specialist
Experience: Minimum 1-2 years experience
Start Date: ASAP
Ensign are a digital innovations business specialising in helping our clients monetise their IT networks through Business Insights, Analytics, AI and Automation powered by Managed Networks.
As one of the UK's longest established enterprise network specialists our suite of smart solutions and services are designed to transform our clients’ processes by delivering real-time business insight that reduce costs, increase profitability and drive efficiency.
Our people are leaders in their fields, with vast experience in the design, deployment, security, management, and analytics of enterprise grade networks – from the core to the edge. This provides a robust platform for all IOT enabled devices, with security and resiliency at the heart of our solutions.
Ensign operate UK wide with many blue chip clients across both the UK and the EU. Our insight and analytical solutions help our clients to optimise their business environments. With core specialisms in wired and wireless networking, we are passionate about helping our clients to improve business performance through their investment in technology and overcome their business challenges.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, professional individual who wants to develop their own career in a fast moving, growing entrepreneurial organisation.
The purpose of the Demand Generation Specialist is to strengthen the operational performance of the Ensign Sales Team by producing the maximum number of new sales appointments, consistent with pre-defined proposals and within the target market.
As a Demand Generation Specialist, you will be responsible for generating calls to potential clients with the main goal being to achieve your KPI’s including number of opportunities being generated. You will be responsible for generating leads, qualifying and engaging with the sales team to ensure follow ups are actioned.
PRIMARY FOCUS OF THE ROLE
The Demand Generation Specialist primary focus in this role is to deliver dedicated support to a Senior Salesperson by researching, profiling and generating leads on a specific set of organisations or targeted vertical market. The activity is varied but the underlying objective is to ensure that Ensign understands as much as possible about the organisations and the industries in which they operate. This will enable us to identify opportunities, both to develop and leverage their technology to deliver maximum value for business benefit and competitive advantage. The role requires immense discipline and resilience and is an excellent training ground for any future sales roles.
We will offer all the support needed as part of a brilliant team which will include direct mentorship from the Sales Leader alongside a roadmap to quickly develop your career. We will provide a focused training and development programme with formal certification from our key technology partners.
- To maintain a targeted level of outbound calling and contact with decision makers.
- Using professional sales skills to prospect, qualify and create new opportunities for the team.
- Lead generation through call calling and campaign follow up.
- Profiling of our chosen target markets.
- Updating our CRM with market intelligence (key people, contact info, company structure, incumbent suppliers, contract end dates for incumbents suppliers with competing products).
- Supporting the field based sales team.
- Book and set appointments for the quota bearing sales team .
- Making contact and developing relationships with new and existing clients.
- Call out campaigns set by your leader with the purpose of creating leads and opportunities for the team.
- Being the main office contact for field based sales staff and assist where possible and reasonable.
- Allocating, recording and tracking all incoming leads.
- Staying ahead of all company knowledge to be in a position to identify the best solutions for each contact.
- Conducting research to determine key target markets and specific organisations within those markets that represent ideal prospects for Ensign.
- Ensure every element of the Ensign proposition is promoted and progressed and upsold within an account.
- To raise awareness of Ensign and constantly endeavour to generate new opportunities.
- Embody the core cultural qualities of the Ensign Sales team which are teamwork, trust, integrity, professionalism and enjoyment.
- Project and maintain a professional and competent image of Ensign and its capabilities.
- Professional training either through previous company or other recognised accreditations in the art of prospecting and cold calling e.g. (Pareto Law or similiar).
- Degree standard OR demonstration of entrepreneurial qualities.